Thursday, April 30, 2015
Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Feinberg Pavilion, Chicago, IL
Register Online Now | Program brochure available next week!
The Illinois College of Emergency Physicians’ Spring Symposium is the premier annual event for members, non-member physicians, EM residents, and medical students.
Highlights of 2015 Spring Symposium:
- Rebecca Parker, MD, FACEP, Chair of the ACEP Board of Directors, will outline the development of ACEP’s 10 recommendations for the Choosing Wisely® campaign and demonstrate their potential cost-saving impact on emergency medicine practice
- A panel of experts will examine controversies in head injury and concussion management from differing physician perspectives. Panelists include sports medicine physician Holly Benjamin, MD, FACSM; emergency physician George Chiampas, DO, CAQSM, FACEP; and neurosurgeon Julian Bailes, MD.
- Michael Wahl, MD, FACEP, FACMT, Medical Director of the Illinois Poison Center, will assess risk evaluation and mitigation strategies for the safe use of ER/LA opioids for patients in the emergency department. This session is presented in conjunction with CO*RE, the Collaborative for REMS.
- The Resident Speaker Forum will provide an opportunity for professional development for novice speakers looking to polish their lecturing skills at a statewide forum, with feedback from an expert panel of judges. One speaker will represent each residency, and a winner will be announced during the Annual Business Meeting.
- A Statewide Research Showcase will spotlight the best in Illinois emergency medicine research. Oral presentations will be given during a morning session, and research posters will be on display in the exhibit area.
Call for Abstracts for 2015 Spring Symposium Research Showcase
Deadline to Submit is Friday, February 27
ICEP is seeking submissions for the annual Statewide Research Showcase held at the Spring Symposium. This is ICEP’s only research presentation opportunity, so don’t miss your chance to submit and present at a regional meeting!
The Statewide Research Showcase is open to both residents and attending physicians to present oral and poster presentations of emergency medicine research.