Plan now to join us:
Thursday, May 1, 2014
Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Feinberg Pavilion, Chicago, IL
The Illinois College of Emergency Physicians’ Spring Symposium is the premier annual event for members, non-member physicians, EM residents, and medical students.
If you are planning to attend, please note that changes have been made to the agenda of the Spring Symposium:
- The Annual Business Meeting will now be held from 8:30 AM – 9:00 AM.
- Dr. Michael Gerardi’s presentation will be presented from 9:30 AM – 10:15 AM.
- The panel discussion will be presented from 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM.
Highlights of the 2014 Spring Symposium:
- Michael Gerardi, MD, FAAP, FACEP, President-Elect of the American College of Emergency Physicians, will analyze the impact of the Affordable Care Act on the practice of emergency medicine from a national perspective, including a discussion of current legislation and lobbying efforts.
- A panel discussion featuring Illinois medicine experts will examine the current landscape of health care in Illinois in relation to the Affordable Care Act. Panelists include Derek Robinson, MD, MBA, FACEP, of the Illinois Hospital Association; Thomas Fisher, MD, of the University of Chicago; William McDade, MD, PhD, president-elect of the Illinois State Medical Society, and Michael Gelder, senior health care policy advisor for Gov. Pat Quinn’s Office.
- A Statewide Research Showcase will spotlight the best in Illinois emergency medicine research. Oral presentations will be given during a morning session, and research posters will be on display in the exhibit area.
- The Annual Business Meeting & Awards Presentation, honoring ICEP leaders Cai Glushak, MD, FACEP, Carolynn Zonia, DO, FACEP, FACOEP, and Walter Bradley, MD, MBA, FACEP with ICEP’s annual awards