Ultrasound-Guided Nerve Blocks Workshop
Hands-on workshops for ultrasound-guided nerve blocks
Make It a Pain-Free ED: Mastering Ultrasound-Guided Nerve Blocks
March 19 & 20, 2019
ICEP Conference Center, Downers Grove, IL
ICEP presents a half-day program that aims to reduce the administration of opioids with ALTO techniques for pain management in the ED.
OVERVIEW: Nerve blocks are an effective way to treat a wide array of acute injuries while reducing the risks and side effects associated with systemic opioids. Ultrasound guidance facilitates a safer and more accurate performance, with access to nerves that are not traditionally performed with the blind/landmark-based technique.
IHA Cohort Hospitals have first priority!
• Palos Community Hospital, Palos Heights
• Norweign American Hospital, Chicago
• OSF St. Elizabeth Medical Center, Ottawa
• OSF Sacred Heart Medical Center, Danville
• OSF Heart of Mary Medical Center, Urbana
IDENTICAL MATERIALS PRESENTED AT ALL FOUR COURSE SESSIONS TO AID IN EASY SCHEDULING!
- To demonstrate the use of bedside ultrasound-guided nerve blocks and trigger point injections as alternatives to prescription opioids
- To perform hands-on principles of emergency bedside ultrasound-guided nerve blocks