ICEP recognizes its dedicated leaders with three awards, presented each year at the Ginny Kennedy Palys Annual Symposium and Annual Business Meeting.
Please consider nominating a colleague for one of ICEP’s awards:
- Bill B. Smiley Award – ICEP’s highest award that recognizes a member for a lifetime of service to ICEP and emergency medicine in Illinois.
- ICEP Meritorious Service Award – This award is conferred on a member who has made a special contribution to ICEP through service, advocacy, education, or other contributions.
- Downstate Member Service Award – This award recognizes the contributions of a member who lives and works outside the metropolitan Chicago area.
All Award Criteria
Must be an ACEP and ICEP member in good standing.
Nomination Submission Package
All nominations must include the following:
- Candidate’s CV/Resume
- Photo/headshot of candidate
- Cover letter explaining the candidate’s nomination. (2 pages max)
- If nominating a candidate for multiple awards, separate cover letters must be sent in support each award nomination must be submitted via the online form.
Nomination Deadline: February 23, 2024
Congratulations 2023 Award Recipients
Downstate Member Service Award
Scott H. Pasichow, MD, MPH, FACEP, FAEMS
ICEP Meritorious Service Award
Janet Lin, MD, MPH, MBA, FACEP
Bill B. Smiley Award
John W. Hafner Jr., MD, MPH, FACEP
If you wish to nominate someone or have any questions please reach out to Brittney Tambeau at email@example.com.