- Bill B. Smiley Award
ICEP’s highest award recognizes a member for a lifetime of service to ICEP and emergency medicine in Illinois.
- ICEP Meritorious Service Award
This award is conferred on a member who has made a special contribution to ICEP through service, advocacy, education, or other contributions.
- Downstate Member Service Award
This award recognizes the contributions of a member who lives and works outside the metropolitan Chicago area.
All Award Criteria
- Must be an ACEP and ICEP member in good standing.
Nomination Submission Package via an Online Form
All nominations must include the following:
- Candidate’s CV/Resume
- Photo/headshot of candidate
- Cover letter explaining the candidate’s nomination. (2 pages max)
- If nominating a candidate for multiple awards, separate cover letters must be sent in support each award nomination.
Deadline shall be approximately the last Friday in February unless otherwise determined upon the annual symposium date.
Awards and Nominating Committee Role and Responsibilities
The Awards and Nominating Committee will evaluate all submissions and select the final slate of candidates for each category. The committee meeting will TBD after the nomination deadline date.
Awards are presented each year at the Ginny Kennedy Palys Annual Symposium (effective 2023), formerly known as the Spring Symposium and Annual Business Meeting.
- Award letter PDF attachment and sent via email. Copy nominator(s) on the response along with ICEP President and Awards & Nominating Committee Chair.
- Award recipients are expected to be in attendance at annual symposium to receive their award.
- Instructions of date/time and expectations for award recipient to be included.
If you wish to nominate someone or have any questions please reach out to Brittney Tambeau at email@example.com.