Call for Volunteers
- Committee terms are 1-year. Terms begin after the Ginny Kennedy Palys Annual Symposium to the next when the term expires.
- All committee members must reapply if interested in serving on the same committee or new at the beginning of each year.
- Members may serve on no more than 2 committees per year unless otherwise directed by ICEP leadership.
- Must be an ACEP/ICEP member in good standing
- Members are eligible to serve on no more than two (2) committees.
As a volunteer of ICEP, you will be expected to:
- Understand and be familiar with your committee’s mission and goals.
- Actively participate in all committee meetings including teleconference calls, in-person meetings, and related programs. Most meetings are held quarterly unless otherwise noted.
- Prepare for the meeting by reviewing the agenda and ready to make knowledge-based decisions if requested.
- Communicate with your fellow committee members and chairs during meetings, via email, and other methods as deemed necessary.
- Actively participate and collaborate in all committee tasks/projects as assigned.
- View and understand the ICEP Volunteer Orientation.
- Reach out to the ICEP Staff Liaison and ICEP Committee Chair(s) if you have questions or ideas to share.
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Develop and enhance leadership skills, including communication, teamwork, project management, and problem-solving.
- Share your expertise, experiences, and knowledge with others.
- Connect and collaborate with like-minded individuals from diverse backgrounds around the world who share similar experiences and interests.
- Enhance your professional development by demonstrating your commitment to community service, your ability to work in a team, and your interest in healthcare.
- Gain an understanding of strategic planning that will help you understand how to align short-term actions with broader ICEP objectives.
Please be sure to review the ICEP Volunteer Participation Expectations before submitting your application.
Volunteer Application Deadline: February 29, 2024
A councillor/alternate councillor is a key participant in the leadership and development of ACEP policy. The councillor represents emergency physicians from their respective component body (chapter, section, AACEM, CORD, EMRA or SAEM).
Councillors have the responsibility to voice the concerns of their constituents on the floor of the council meeting and in reference committees. Councillors can also express the will of their constituents by the execution of their votes for or against resolutions and by electing the president-elect, Board members, and Council officers at the annual meeting. Alternate councillors are also key members of ACEP leadership. An alternate councillor may assume the duties of a councillor when so directed by the constituent delegation, with proper credentials.
Councillors are elected by the ICEP Board of Directors and serve a term of 1-year.
Nomination Deadline: February 29, 2024
Interested in serving as faculty for ICEP’s Virtual Oral Board Review Courses?
The courses can be done in the comfort of your own home and held via Zoom on the following dates:
March 18 & 19, 2024
August 19 & 20, 2024
November 18 & 19, 2024
The days are split into two sections: morning and afternoon. Faculty may sign up for any combination of half days (i.e. March 18 – Morning session and August 20 – Afternoon session). Morning time commitment is 9:15am to 1:05pm. Afternoon time commitment is 2:40pm to 6:30pm. All courses run on central time.
All applicants are required to have passed their Emergency Medicine Oral Board’s to participate and may be located anywhere in the US. Limited honoraria is available. To ensure that you’re comfortable as faculty, meetings are held prior to the course with step-by-step instructions of how to succeed within this role.
If you are interested in volunteering you can fill out the form here.
Questions? Feel free to email Alexa Franks at firstname.lastname@example.org