Emergency Medicine Update
Thursday, February 14, 2019
Jump Trading Simulation & Education Center, Peoria, IL
Emergency Medicine Update is a multifaceted educational program with something for every emergency care provider.
On the agenda for 2019:
- ED Boarding: 12 Steps to Recovery, presented by Benjamin Kemp, MD, FACEP
- Innovations in Emergency Medicine: Safety Nets and Crossroads of Care, presented by Janet Lin, MD, MPH, FACEP
- The Top 10 EM Articles from 2018, presented by John W. Hafner, Jr., MD, MPH, FACEP
- Tainted Spice: Superwarfarins and Management of Vitamin K Antagonist Related Bleeding, presented by Michael Mullins, MD, FACEP, FAACT, and Erik Wright, MD
Simulation Skills Lab
Add on to your EM Update registration or attend the Sim Workshop only!
1:45 PM – 4:45 PM
Join ICEP in the afternoon in the state-of-the-art sim lab for hands-on skills practice. Spend 90 minutes at each module and earn a maximum of 3 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
- Trauma Simulation, presented by Greg Podolej, MD
- Pediatric Sepsis Simulation, presented by Brian Bamberger, MD, MPH
Handouts for the sessions are now available for download. Hard copies will not be provided. ICEP recommends that you bring your laptop or tablet (with presentations loaded) to view the handouts during the course.
Out of Hospital Hemorrhage Control – Brandon Bleess, MD, EMT-T
ICEP Update – Yanina Purim-Shem-Tov, MD, MS, FACEP
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation – From the Past into the Future – Yanina Purim-Shem-Tov, MD, MS, FACEP
The Top 10 EM Articles from 2017 – John Hafner, MD, MPH, FACEP
Pediatric Trauma Pearls – Greg Podolej, MD