Oral Board Review Courses
Spot-on simulation of the Oral Board Exam maximizes performance and minimizes anxiety
September 18-19, 2015
Chicago O’Hare Marriott, Chicago, IL
Two powerful options to prepare you for your Boards:
Core Review – The Half-Day Course
- Start with a briefing on the exam, including the eOral; exam techniques; note-taking; and organizational tips
- Move into a strict simulation of the actual oral examination
- Practice six single and two triple patient encounters one-on-one, and receive immediate feedback on your performance and how to improve it
Registration Cost – 2015 Prices
Core Review Plus – The Full-Day Course
- More intensive preparation and more detailed tips and strategies for effective exam technique
- Extra information and training to help you better understand the exam process, including the eOral, and build confidence
- Start with seven cases in which you’ll interact with other course registrants and faculty, taking turns in the role of examiner, examinee and performance critic
- Move on to practice six single and two triple patient encounters one-on-one, and receive immediate feedback on your performance and how to improve it
Registration Cost – 2015 Prices
Selected single encounters feature enhanced images via a digital interface
Different cases presented each day of the course! Choose one or both programs depending on the level of review you are interested in.
Why Make ICEP Your Choice for Oral Board Review?
- Expertly designed to build skills and confidence
- Courses conducted at the Chicago O’Hare Marriott, the ABEM Oral Board Exam Site
- One-on-one case simulation with experienced faculty
- Immediate, personalized feedback on your performance
- 31 years of experience helping emergency physicians pass their boards
- Preparation and practice you can’t afford to miss
|Core Review – The Half-Day Course:||7:00 AM to 1:30 PM|
|Core Review Plus – The Full-Day Course:||7:25 AM to 7:00 PM|
Course registration includes continental breakfast and refreshments. Lunch is provided for Full-Day Course participants.
Not sure what to take?
Our most popular option is to take the Full-Day Course followed by the Half-Day Course the next day — giving you the maximum amount of practice and case preparation. This options sells out quickly, so register early to reserve your spot.
Travel & transportation
Chicago O’Hare Marriott
8535 West Higgins Road, Chicago, IL 60631
773-693-4444 or 800-228-9290
Make reservations online:
Fall Course Reservations
The Chicago O’Hare Marriott hotel is located minutes from O’Hare International Airport, with free shuttle service available. The 2015 ICEP room rate is $173 per night plus all applicable taxes. The cut-off date is August 28, 2015 for the fall courses. Reservations received after the cut-off dates will be accepted on a space- and rate-available basis. Parking at the hotel (daily or overnight) is included with the course registration fee.
Mock Oral Private Tutorials
Looking for extra help or last-minute review? Mock Oral Private Tutorials are available for those who have taken ICEP’s course and want additional one-on-one case practice, customized to your own strengths and weaknesses. Approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™, the tutorials are scheduled several days prior to the spring and fall ABEM exams. The cost is $575 per tutorial. Space is limited, so call ICEP early for availability and registration.
Fall Dates: October 8-12, 2015