Resident Career Day
Save the Date!
August 29, 2019
Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago
Thank you for attending 2018 Resident Career Day
on August 30, 2018, at Northwestern Memorial Hospital!
No handout provided for Personal Finance for Resident EM Physicians – Dr. Christopher Kang
Missed the CME Breakfast? Watch the Enduring Activity and Still Earn CME!
A VIRTUAL REALITY VIEW: Optimizing Immuno-Oncology Therapy Through the Management of Immune-Related Adverse Events: THE ROLE OF EMERGENCY PHYSICIANS
If you were unable to attend the CME breakfast, the session is available as an Enduring Activity! Anyone may take this course and receive 1 hour of CME credit.
Jason L. Luke, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, The University of Chicago Medicine, Chicago, IL
LEARNING OBJECTIVES • After completing the CME activity, learners should be better able to:
- Discuss tumor immunosurveillance and immune escape in the pathophysiology of adult malignancies;
- Review the clinical trial data for approved immune checkpoint-inhibitors, with a focus on the treated malignancies and their associated immune-related adverse events (irAEs);
- Describe the diagnosis of irAEs associated with immunotherapies and current recommendations for their management and monitoring;
- Examine the continuum of oncology care provided in the emergency room setting through the identification and management of irAEs.
TARGET AUDIENCE • This programming is designed to meet the educational needs of emergency department physicians and other emergency room healthcare professionals working as part of the multidisciplinary care team.
Earn 1.00 AMA Category 1 Credits™, 1.00 ACEP Recognized Credits, 1.00 ANCC Contact Hour(s).
Missed Resident Career Day?
2017 Resident Career Day App – including presentation handouts and Exhibitor/Sponsor Listings
2016 Resident Career Day App – including presentation handouts and Exhibitor/Sponsor Listings
Video Lectures from 2014
Videos from 2014 Resident Career Day are available now at ICEPblog.org on the following topics:
- “The House I Will Never Live In”: Managing Student Debt – panel discussion
- Global Health Opportunities – panel discussion
- Building Your Brand Using Social Media – Dr. Ernest Wang
- What I Didn’t Learn in Residency – Dr. Paul Kivela
Podcast Lectures from 2013
Audio podcasts from the program are now available! Listen to all of the general sessions from Resident Career Day to pick up more strategies and advice you might have missed. Visit ICEPblog.org to listen to these helpful presentations. Handouts are included in the blog posts for quick reference.