Resident Career Day
Jump-start your life after residency!
Thursday, September 4, 2014
Presence Resurrection Medical Center, Chicago, IL
Looking ahead to the next phase of your career? Get ready for everything that comes next — from managing student debt to global health opportunities to the key lessons learned outside of residency — with ICEP’s program designed exclusively for residents preparing for the job search.
Let’s face it: Life after residency will bring a new set of challenges, starting with the search for your first position. ICEP’s Resident Career Day focuses on helping you meet these challenges head on and turn them into opportunities.
On the agenda:
- Keynote speaker Dr. Paul Kivela, ACEP Secretary-Treasurer, presenting “What I Didn’t Learn in Residency”
- A panel discussion on managing student debt, featuring Dr. Kivela, Dr. Matthew Pirotte, and financial advisor Thomas Olexa
- Building your brand on social media, presented by Dr. Ernest Wang, who was just named Faculty of the Year by the University of Chicago EM Residency Program
- A panel discussion on global health opportunities, featuring Dr. Timothy Erickson, Dr. Jennifer Chan, and Dr. Cai Glushak
- The popular “Speed Dating” Career Fair networking event: the field’s top recruiters will rotate through tables of participants, giving attendees the best chance to network with potential employers and make valuable connections for the future.
Missed 2013 Resident Career Day? Presentation materials are available, including the keynote lecture presented by Dr. Alex Rosenau.
Audio podcasts from the program are now available! Listen to all of the general sessions from Resident Career Day to pick up more strategies and advice you might have missed. Visit ICEPblog.org to listen to these helpful presentations. Handouts are included in the blog posts for quick reference.