Resident Career Day
Thursday, September 29, 2016
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Mark your calendar and register now for ICEP’s Resident Career Day on Thursday, September 29 at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago. Registration is free for all ICEP members.
ICEP’s half-day program is designed to provide resources and advice to residents, medical students, and young physicians as they embark on their emergency medicine careers.
The 2016 program features:
- Christopher S. Kang, MD, FACEP, of the ACEP Board of Directors, discussing the benefits of involvement in professional organizations to enhance clinical practice and satisfaction while improving patient care
- Rob Rogers, MD, of The University of Kentucky College of Medicine, demonstrating the value of lifelong learning as an essential part of maintaining clinical excellence throughout your career
- William Sullivan, DO, JD, FACEP, reviewing common physician employment contract terms and simple negotiating tactics to help create a favorable contract
The program also includes the “Speed Dating” Career Fair where participants network with the field’s top recruiters in a round-table format to dicover career opportunities and make key connections with potential employers.
Medical students and 1st year residents who don’t wish to participate in the Career Fair can sit down with ACEP President-Elect Rebecca Parker, MD, FACEP for an open forum discussion of current issues.
Resident Career Day also includes a short presentation that explores the physician’s role in the organ and tissue donation process coordinated by Gift of Hope.
Life after residency brings a new set of challenges. Resident Career Day focuses on giving you the tools you need to meet this challenges head on and turn them into opportunities.
Missed Resident Career Day?
Video Lectures from 2014
Videos from 2014 Resident Career Day are available now at ICEPblog.org on the following topics:
- “The House I Will Never Live In”: Managing Student Debt – panel discussion
- Global Health Opportunities – panel discussion
- Building Your Brand Using Social Media – Dr. Ernest Wang
- What I Didn’t Learn in Residency – Dr. Paul Kivela
Podcast Lectures from 2013
Audio podcasts from the program are now available! Listen to all of the general sessions from Resident Career Day to pick up more strategies and advice you might have missed. Visit ICEPblog.org to listen to these helpful presentations. Handouts are included in the blog posts for quick reference.