Tackling the Golden Hour – Trauma Tools for the Emergency Physician – ICEP Members
Tackling the Golden Hour – Trauma Tools for the Emergency Physician is an internet enduring activity that will take approximately 4.25 hours to complete in its entirety. To receive CME, you must:
- Read and agree to all activity information on this page.
- Read and agree to all activity front matter/information on this page.
- Participate fully in educational content including listening to or reading lecture material in its entirety
- Complete activity evaluation.
- Attest to completing the activity according to the steps referenced above.
This activity was released on July 1, 2022 and the accreditation period expires on June 30, 2025.
Non-member physicians may purchase the course for $50.00.
Certificates will be sent out prior to verification of membership.
ACEP Members may purchase the course for $30.00.
Trauma is a significant global health issue, leading to more than 4.6 million deaths annually worldwide. In the United States, injury is the primary cause of death in people ages 1 to 44 years, and the fourth leading cause of death overall. Trauma does not discriminate. Patients with a significant mechanism of injury, at the extremes of life (pediatrics and geriatrics), and with medical co-morbidities and polypharmacy are at increased risk of hemorrhage, shock, and mortality. This program will provide updates on relevant clinical topics regarding trauma care for Emergency Medicine physicians to guide their management and care of these critical patients.
The program includes:
- 4 narrated PowerPoints
- 4.25 hours of AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM continuing medical education
Full information and instructions can be found here.
Once participation is successfully verified, ICEP will forward a CME certificate of completion within 14 working days. Please note that AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ may be awarded one (1) time in conjunction with your purchase during the 1-year period.